This documentation covers IPython versions 6.0 and higher. Beginning with version 6.0, IPython stopped supporting compatibility with Python versions lower than 3.3 including all versions of Python 2.7.
If you are looking for an IPython version compatible with Python 2.7, please use the IPython 5.x LTS release and refer to its documentation (LTS is the long term support release).
Configuration and customization¶
- Introduction to IPython configuration
- IPython options
- IPython shortcuts
- Specific config details
- Overview of the IPython configuration system
- Technical details of the config system.
Extending and integrating with IPython¶
- IPython extensions
- Integrating your objects with IPython
- Defining custom magics
- Complete Example
- Custom input transformation
- IPython Events
- Integrating with GUI event loops