IPython developer’s guide¶
This are two categories of developer focused documentation:
- Documentation for developers of IPython itself.
- Documentation for developers of third party tools and libraries that use IPython.
This part of our documentation only contains information in the second category.
Developers interested in working on IPython itself should consult our developer information on the IPython GitHub wiki.
- How IPython works
- Messaging in IPython
- Making kernels for IPython
- Making simple Python wrapper kernels
- Execution semantics in the IPython kernel
- Messaging for Parallel Computing
- Connection Diagrams of The IPython ZMQ Cluster
- New IPython Console Lexer
- Writing code for Python 2 and 3
- Overview of the IPython configuration system
- IPython GUI Support Notes